Welcome to the Home Page
- Thinking of joining a walking club then look no further - we hold a choice of rambles to match most abilities.
- These walks take place a three weekly intervals (on Sunday's) throughout the year and they can be combined with regular social events and short holiday breaks.
- York CHA & HF Rambling Club is an independent club, which is dedicated to the purpose of providing enjoyable walking in the countryside.
- Founded in 1908 we believe the club to be the oldest walking group in the York area.
- Since its earliest formation the club has continued to allow its members to take part in healthy exercise, appreciate and learn about the countryside while enjoying the companionship of others.
- To date the club is thriving and has a membership of around one hundred.
Following the presentation that Douglas G Hope (Researcher University of Cumbria) gave to the club we are very pleased to announce that Douglas has kindly produced an article which now appears on the website.
Thomas Arthur Leonard, who founded the Co-operative Holidays Association (CHA) in 1893 and the Holiday Fellowship (HF) in 1913, was described on his death in 1948 as the Father of the open-air holiday movement. The article shows that this epitaph is no under-statement. (To read more please visit the ‘About the founder of CHA & HF’ page).
(Please use the ‘Contact Us’ Page if after reading the article would like to get in touch Douglas or request any additional information).
If you have a message for members please use the 'Message Board' (you can post your own entries)
2013 Walk dates can be seen on the website please see the '2013 Rambles Dates' page for further details.
We also have a number of Social events coming up, please see the calendar for further details.
If you are new to the club and would like to know more then please see the 'Interested in joining' page